Jumat, 03 Juni 2011

No Complaints, Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter Review

I can say nothing bad about this wireless LAN adapter. The delivery folks dropped off my TV and within minutes I was connected to my home network and streaming wireless video. Doesn't get any easier than that.

The device itself is sleek and looks very cool... just like the Samsung LN46C650 it's plugged into. (Not that it really matters, though, because it is completely hidden from view.)

The first time I plugged it in, the TV prompted me to turn on wireless... I did, and it immediately saw my network SSID. Plugged in the password and voila, connected. Completely painless experience.
Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter

Connectivity has been flawless. In some reviews, I've read about issues people have had with dropped connections or not enough signal strength. I really think this has more to do with their router than this device itself. In my case, my router is on the third floor... the TV is on the first. I'm having no trouble streaming video in 720p via DLNA. If you are one who IS having connectivity issues, check and see if your router is able to use a third party firmware. I'm using a WRT54GL (the "L" is important here) flashed to run Tomato. This allowed me to up my transmit power on the router from a default "42" to "70." If Tomato is an option, I'd strongly recommend it.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar